Stephen H. Brower
Highly experienced deal maker with a consistent record of production. Conceptual and creative approaches to leasing, negotiation, merchandising, and site selection. Skilled at creating value. Able to establish effective rapport with team members and prospects.
Brower Real Estate Services
President and Owner: July 2014 – Present; and February 2000 – February 2005.
Responsible for all aspects of this boutique retail brokerage, including leasing of properties ranging from super regional malls to lifestyle centers to neighborhood projects and local strip centers. Also representing retailers and restaurant operators with expertise and perspective to intelligently grow their business.
- West Glen Town Center — West Des Moines, IA: Initial leasing agent of numerous spaces, including Super Target (175,000 SF), Drury Inn, Bonefish Grill and Joseph’s Jewelers (20,000 SF).
- Windsor Heights Town Center — Windsor Heights, IA: Developer and Owner.
- General Growth Properties corporate headquarters building — Des Moines, IA: Listing and selling agent.
Regional Director of Leasing: March 2012 – May 2014
Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day leasing activities for a region consisting of 13 major regional malls and their periphery property in 7 states as well as supervising, training, mentoring and motivating a team of 4 to 5 leasing professionals and support staff. Established goals and budgets for the region and participated weekly in the Corporate Real Estate Committee, approving deals for the entire company.
- Mall Del Norte — Laredo, TX
- Post Oak — College Station, TX
- Richland Mall — Waco, TX
- Pearland Town Center — Houston, TX
- Sunrise Mall — Brownsville, TX
- Parkdale Mall — Beaumont, TX
- Chapel Hills Mall — Colorado Springs, CO
- Imperial Valley — El Centro, CA
- Layton Hills — Salt Lake City, UT
- Frontier — Cheyenne, WY
- Turtle Creek — Hattiesburg, MS
- Bonita Lakes — Meridian, MS
- Acadiana — Lafayette, LA
CBRE | Hubbell Commercial
Vice President: October 2011 – March 2012.
Focused on retail developments, tenant representation, and center brokerage.
General Growth Properties
Senior Leasing Representative: February 2005 – March 2011.
Negotiated and closed an average of 45 to 50 leases per calendar year. Coordinated leasing activity for 4 to 6 assigned shopping centers at any given time.
- Jordan Creek Town Center — West Des Moines, IA
- Coral Ridge Mall — Iowa City, IA
- Westroads Mall — Omaha, NE
- Oak View Mall — Omaha, NE
- Market Place Shopping Center — Champaign, IL
- Crossroads Center — St. Cloud, MN
- Apache Mall — Rochester, MN
- River Hills Mall — Mankato, MN
- Columbia Mall — Columbia, MO
- Capital Mall — Jefferson City, MO
The Rouse Company
Leasing Representative, Group Leasing Rep, Area Leasing Manager and Account Manager: January 1991 – February 2000.
Leasing results averaged 150,000 to 250,000 square feet annually. Coordinated leasing efforts for 7 to 9 assigned centers at any one time. The 1996 reorganization resulted in assignment of 20 to 30 national accounts with lease negotiation responsibilities across the country in all of Rouse’s 75 centers.
Major expansion and development projects:
- Mall St. Matthews — Louisville, KY
- Northwest Arkansas Mall — Fayetteville, AR
General Growth Properties
Vice President of Leasing, Project Developer, and Leasing Representative: April 1985 – October 1990.
- National and regional leasing responsibility.
- Directed and supervised development of River Hill Mall, Mankato, MN.
- Responsible for local and regional tenant leasing.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & MEMBERSHIPS
- Licensed Iowa Real Estate Broker
- Iowa Commercial Real Estate Association (ICREA)
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Master’s Degree, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, Morningside College, Sioux City, IA